Palos Verdes’s coastal setting promotes outdoor recreation and physical activity, enabling residents to live rich, full lives that are in tune with nature. This is where you go to enjoy life to the fullest.
Here are some of the most popular activities in the peninsula:
- Best hikes in Palos Verdes
- Bluff Cove. One of the most popular hiking spots in the Peninsula, Bluff Cove has panoramic views of the surrounding cliffs.
- Honeymoon Cove. Enjoy views of Palos Verdes’ rocky shoreline at this cove.
- Malaga Cove. Hike along the cinematic cliffs of the Palos Verdes Peninsula in this cove. Highlights of the Malaga Cove Trail include Roessler Point, which offers views of Santa Monica Bay.
- Lunada Bay. This popular surf spot also happens to have a bluff top trail with gorgeous views of the bay.
- Palos Verdes Estates Shoreline Preserve. The preserve has a roughly half-mile cliff trail that commands views of the bay, the Beach Cities, and Downtown Los Angeles on a clear day.
- Vicente Bluffs Preserve and Golden Cove. This hiking spot features an extensive trail network that includes scenic stretches such as Golden Cove Trail and Seascape Trail. Come here for stunning views of the Pacific and dramatic rock formations.
- Golfing in Palos Verdes
- Horseback riding in Palos Verdes
- Ride to Fly.This company offers therapeutic horseback riding to children and adults of all abilities. Their PATH-certified instructors and gentle horses are perfect for a relaxing afternoon of horseback riding.
- Palos Verdes Horse Rentals. Ride a thoroughbred along guided trails that present Palos Verdes in its full glory.
- Portuguese Bend Riding Club. Tucked away in the rolling hills of Palos Verdes, PBRC offers lessons on competitive show jumping and other equestrian skills.
- Palos Verdes Stables. Home to over 87 horses, PVS offers access to miles of scenic trails.
- Peter Weber Equestrian Center. In Rolling Hills Estates, PWEC offers pony camp to riders who want to learn basic horsemanship. There’s also a petting zoo on the site.
- Whale watching in Palos Verdes
- Redondo Beach Whale Watch and Nature Cruise Boat Rides.The company offers two and a half hour tours to help you spot gray whales and humpbacks in the water
- Spirit Cruises. They offer private and public cruises that depart from Long Beach. The company serves cocktails and scrumptious dinners on board.
- Swimming in Palos Verdes
- Palos Verdes Aquatic Club. Be part of a swim group and join the teams at the club. USS-certified coaches run a competitive swim team, evaluating a new member’s skills in order to place them in the right workout group.
- Palos Verdes Beach & Athletic Club. This club offers swim workouts, water aerobics, and deep water conditioning massage therapy, with access to facilities like a massive pool, two Jacuzzis, and a sauna and steam room.
- San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA. The local YMCA offers youth swimming lessons with an emphasis on personal safety and enjoyment.
- Peninsula Bay Cities Day Camp & Swim School. This school offers fun-based swimming lessons and water activities to kids and teens
- Boating and sport fishing in Palos Verdes
- Los Angeles Yacht Charters. The company offers sailboats and large party boats to those who want to explore the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
- 22nd Street Sport Fishing San Pedro. Get in touch with the company for half day, full day, and overnight sport fishing trips in and around Palos Verdes. Catch yellowtail, scorpion fish, and other game fish from any of their 13 vessels.
Play golf on world-class golf courses with manicured greens and wide fairways. Situated on top of the dramatic cliffs of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, the Trump National Golf Course has panoramic views of the Santa Monica Bay.
Greenskeeper.org praised the Trump National Golf Club for having “The Best Playing Conditions in Los Angeles County,” while Golf Digest gave it a coveted spot in its list of Top 100 Golf Courses.
Palos Verdes is a prime whale watching spot, with the peak season running from December through April. Take out your binoculars for the experience of a lifetime.
You can also spot whales from several vantage points in Palos Verdes Peninsula, including the Point Vicente Interpretive Center.
Several organizations and clubs offer swimming lessons throughout the Peninsula.
Enjoy these recreational activities year round.
The Stephen Haw Group specializes in luxury properties and international deals in the Palos Verdes Peninsula and South Bay Cities Contact them today at (310) 503-9886 and skh8828(at)gmail(dotted)com to find a home in the area.