Stephen Haw is an award-winning real estate Broker who has sold over $1 Billion worth of real estate in South Bay on behalf of his sellers and buyers. His team of skilled professionals is the #1 Sales Team at Keller Williams Palos Verdes Realty and was consistently named #1 Sales Team at RE/MAX Estate Properties.
For more than 30 years, Stephen has been breaking new ground and exceeding the expectations of his clients. His unyielding determination to make things happen for his sellers creates spectacular results. From his sophisticated marketing techniques, strong negotiation skills, keen understanding of the financial aspects of a sale to his excellent knowledge of the transaction process, he approaches every client’s move with the single intention of making sure that his sellers yield the best result.
A South Bay resident, Stephen is an expert in South Bay real estate and, fluent in English as well as Chinese and Taiwanese dialects, he is also exceptionally skilled in international real estate sales.
With integrity and determination that is simply unmatched, Stephen’s reputation in the real estate community is unsurpassed.
Agent & Price
So you have decided to sell your property. Before anything else, it is a good idea to sit down and clarify your motivations and draw up a basic time frame for the selling process.
Why do you want to sell your property? Do you intend to simply find a larger property, or do you plan on moving to another neighborhood, school district, city or state? You might think your reasons are obvious, but it would do well to consider the implications of each option for your lifestyle, opportunities, and finances. Being clear about your intentions for selling will make it easier for us to determine the most appropriate option for your specified financial, lifestyle, and real estate goals.
When Should I Sell?
You should immediately establish your time frame for selling. If you need to sell quickly, we can speed up the process by giving you a complete market analysis and action plan to obtain all of your goals. If there is no pressing need to sell immediately, you can sit down with one of our expert real estate agents to thoroughly review the current market conditions and find the most favorable time to sell.
What Is The Market Like?
When you work with us, you can be sure that you will have our knowledge, expertise and negotiating skills at work for you to arrive at the best market prices and terms. We will keep you up-to-date on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties. With us, you will know exactly how to price and when to sell your property.
How Do I Optimize My Finances?
Deciding to sell your property demands a serious consideration of your current financial situation and future possibilities. With the help of our qualified agents, you will be able to effectively assess the cumulative impact of these changes, estimate potential proceeds of selling your property, and plan effective tax savings and estate planning strategies. We will ensure that you not only take control of your finances, but use them to their fullest potential.
California continues to be an in-demand housing market despite being the second most expensive state in the US to live in. Prime real estate, career opportunities, amazing weather, and iconic attractions are just some of the reasons people come to the Golden State to set down roots. Add the fact that California is the 5th largest economy in the world, larger than the UK.
You, as a seller, stand to benefit from rising house prices in California, which is close to triple the national average. However, don’t make the mistake of failing to prepare your home for a sale. Considering the asking price of homes in CA, buyers have become more discerning than ever. Expect them to compare home prices and features to get the best bargain possible during their California property search.
This sellers’ guide will cover the basics of listing luxury property in the South Bay cities.
- Getting your home ready to sell
- Clear away any tools, equipment, and debris from the driveway and front yard.
- Put away the dishes and cutlery.
- Put bulky furniture, private collections, memorabilia, travel souvenirs, family photos, and personal artwork in private storage.
- Making repairs
- Fix leaking faucets and pipes.
- Replace cracked, broken, and discolored tiles.
- Replace broken or discolored window panes.
- Make sure that all hardware, such as doorknobs, drawer pulls, locks, and hinges, are working properly.
- Home staging
- Stick to a neutral palette if you plan to repaint your interiors.
- Come up with a theme to tie all design elements together.
- Make sure that the purpose/function of the kitchen, dining room, living room, and recreation area is distinct. If your kids like to play in the living room, clear the area of toys and children’s furniture. If you like to catch up on work in the dining room, haul away your laptop, printer, and related items.
- Bring in fresh flowers, linens, and curtains.
- Curate your prized art; choose only one or two to hang on your walls or sit on your console. Put the quirkier pieces as well as the rest in storage.
- Neutralize food, pet, and garbage odors.
- Set the mood by drawing the curtains, playing soft music in the background, and scenting up the rooms with candles and diffusers.
- Boosting curb appeal
- Trim the lawn, trees, and shrubbery.
- Make sure that the roofs, gutters, and passageways are free of obstructions.
- Repaint your front door, purchase new door handles and welcome mats, and amp up the welcoming vibe by adding potted plants by the doorway.
- Give the exterior walls and main gate a fresh coat of paint as well.
- Replace cracked tiles and stepping stones.
- Working with a real estate agent
- Pricing your home
- Furniture and artwork to be included in the sale
- Marketing your home
These are some of the basic tasks that you must complete before listing your home.
Your home is a cherished asset that should go to a deserving buyer. The right real estate agent understands this and strives to find qualified buyers for your home.
When looking for a seller’s representative, make sure that the individual 1) took 135 hours’ worth of college-level real estate courses, 2) passed fingerprinting and a background check, and 3) holds a California Salesperson License, which is acquired through a licensure exam.
Keep in mind that the high end of the real estate market requires a specific set of skills from your agent, so find someone who is experienced in luxury homes and international deals.
When targeting international buyers, you must enlist the services of a multilingual agent.
Stephen Haw is a luxury real estate expert who specializes in international deals and speaks English and Chinese and Taiwanese dialects.
Pricing your home accurately is the key to a quick and profitable sale. Even though house prices in California are higher than average, it is generally not advisable to overprice your home.
Instead, let your agent determine the fair market value of the property by conducting a thorough analysis of the market and making an outline of the home’s strongest and most unique features.
Aside from the prevailing market, there are several factors that contribute to the price of a luxury home, including:
House prices in California are typically high because of the economic opportunities offered by the state and the overall desirability of its most iconic cities and neighborhoods. The South Bay cities of Manhattan and Hermosa Beach are sought for their seaside setting, while the gated communities of Rolling Hills and other Palos Verdes cities are in demand because of their exclusivity.
Now that you’re ready to sell your home, you must give it exposure in order to attract high offers. To make your home stand out from other California real estate listings, you need to invest in high-end marketing collateral, such as photos, videos, and copy.
It is unusual for luxury real estate agents to conduct open houses. In most cases, they arrange private viewings to safeguard your privacy and belongings.
They may also rely on their professional network to find qualified buyers for sale. They do this by reaching out to high profile individuals who have the means and the inclination to purchase luxury real estate in California.
The Stephen Haw Group specializes in luxury real estate and international deals in Palos Verdes and the South Bay cities. Contact them today at (310) 503-9886 and skh8828(at)gmail(dotted)com to sell your home in California.